Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:34:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:08:37PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > > I do see rather large armies walking around and occasionnaly attacking
> > > cities (and often not), like reported by Chris. I have absolutely no idea
> > > what could have triggered creation of such armies.I intended to do it
> > > during Xmas, but pretty sure I didn't. There is an army patch by Jordi,
> > > but it hasn't been committed afaik. I guess it's just a beneficial
> > > side-effect of our other changes. If you have any ideas what it could be,
> > > please tell us, we would like to control such effects :)
>
> The situation seems to be pretty clear: I'm on the same island with
> the enemy; all settling places are occupied; I'm back in technology
> because I'm concentrating on city developement; there is no island in reach
> for the enemy where he can settle on --> he's building armies - good armies
> - and goes for attack. He reaches my frontier city, and if he attacked he
> probably had won, - so the bug is the retreat, in my eyes.
>
> Christian

I saw a different behaviour: there is still plenty settling space, but the
AI builds big armies and marches them across the continent (I was watching
gen 5).  Often successfully.  But it is terrible at defending itself.
Poor defence, I suspect, could be triggered by some military_advisor
changes.  The flood-like behaviour, I don't think so.