Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:38:58 +0100

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:08:37PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>
> > I do see rather large armies walking around and occasionnaly attacking
> > cities (and often not), like reported by Chris. I have absolutely no idea
> > what could have triggered creation of such armies.I intended to do it
> > during Xmas, but pretty sure I didn't. There is an army patch by Jordi,
> > but it hasn't been committed afaik. I guess it's just a beneficial
> > side-effect of our other changes. If you have any ideas what it could be,
> > please tell us, we would like to control such effects :)

The situation seems to be pretty clear: I'm on the same island with
the enemy; all settling places are occupied; I'm back in technology
because I'm concentrating on city developement; there is no island in reach
for the enemy where he can settle on --> he's building armies - good armies
- and goes for attack. He reaches my frontier city, and if he attacked he
probably had won, - so the bug is the retreat, in my eyes.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/