Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: January 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2644) AI needs 5400 years to get Republic

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2644) AI needs 5400 years to get Republic
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:07:33 -0800

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 10:35:02AM -0800, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx via RT
wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 10:10:56AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen via RT wrote:
> >
> > [ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Tue Dec 24 15:35:14 2002]:
> > > after playing a little bit with the experimental AI i saw that the AI
> > > isn't able to make the step to Monarchy or The Republic in some
> > > cases.
> >
> > What was the reason - lack of the technology or didn't it decide to
> > change?
>
> It's lack of technology. And a situation where all money is needed for
> the buildings.
>
> New game with actual cvs:
>
> 100% tax 21 baracks + 16 courthouses, no libraries. 30 cities.
> 28 settlers.
>
> Known technologies 1000 AD:
> Alphabet, Code of Laws, Literacy, Map Making, Writing.

I just want to remind you that this problem was also observed in the
first contest. With a high research cost the AI didn't research any
tech which would enable it to build good units and so it built
baracks. This also wasted all trade -> 100% tax and no science.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.