Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: Debian is great!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Debian is great!
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Feb 2004 15:29:36 -0600

I moved my win2k to another monitor and it crashed due to the wrong
refresh rate for the monitor.  Booting into safe mode didn't give me the
option to select a pnp monitor.  It crashed again with an insteresting
strobe effect and so now the only computers that I have available to use
are linux,  I have the choice between Debian (my favorite), RedHat (the
old stand-by), and the 2 Suse workstations.  I am finding out that I
really don't need windows very much.  Its just that the jobs that I am
applying for want someone who is very familiar with windows and windows
applications.  It would probably be best if I emailed them my resume
from a windows computer, but it is sooo much more fun being just a
little bit different than the norm.

I am hoping to hear about using multimedia applications in linux soon.
(Hint-hint)  ~Anne