Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: WeatherLab virus

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: WeatherLab virus
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:08:42 -0600

Reply to:
> On FYI-2:
> I "really" use abcjr@xxxxxxxxx, and have since December of 1999.  I do
> have to say that I find your "logic" behind placing e-mail addresses in
> your "spammers" filter quite "amazing".

Not if you had any idea the amount of spam / virus infected emails that I
get!

It seems that every time I post a message in any 'Newsgroup" I receive about
50 to 100 junk/spam/virus mails the next day.

And since many of the messages come from the same servers I just found it
easier to trap the "@xyz.com" of any email address in the related message
and add it to my filter... which sends back a nice little message asking to
have my email address removed from their address book listing... and if they
got the anti-spam message by mistake how to reach me.

--David