Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: WeatherLab virus

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: WeatherLab virus
From: "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:18:51 -0600

David,

You _are_ wrong,  "southwind.net" is still a valid e-mail domain:

***
abcjr@corp:~<--% host -t mx southwind.net
southwind.net mail is handled by 5 onemain-mx.earthlink.net.
***

ELNK is just not creating any more "southwind.net" e-mail accounts.

--
Arnold B. Cavazos, Jr.                           Voice:  (316)858-3000
Director of Operations                             Fax:  (316)858-3001

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:04:25AM -0600, David Carmichael wrote:

> Kevin -
>
> While I did not see the "Southwind" header.. I was mainly trying to let you
> know that somebody was sending out / spoofing emails with WeatherLab as the
> FROM.
>
> This way you are informed and might be able to help track down and or alert
> others of the fake emails.
>
> What is strange is.. maybe I am wrong here... but I did not even know that
> "Southwind" was still a good email address due to the number of mergers with
> other companies over the past few years?
>
> --David

Director of Sales & Marketing                      Fax:  (316)858-3001