Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:54:34 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:discussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Carl D Cravens
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:26 PM
To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx

I was wondering why Clint was thinking about switching from DSL... I've
had DSL for over two years, first from SouthWind and now from Hubris,
and I've had only one issue with it in all that time.  (SouthWind had
some problems with their hardware that had to be fixed by a firmware
patch from the vendor.)  I can't imagine switching from my DSL to cable.
(Even if I didn't need to run a public server.)

A few reasons I've heard of people getting great speed on cable 2 to 3
time dsl max. I want to cancel my home phone, and as I thought it was
required to have a phone for dsl, and I want to get rid of swbell.

I will probably for the regular cable (as I can't get satellite in my
apartment). So it will be cheaper. Also I don't want to deal with bell
to try to change over service to another provider, when I expanded to
the 5 ips they were wanting to charge me $200 for breaking my dsl
contract.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Hey, I ran Windows the other day, and it didn't crash!