Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:56:05 -0400

Clint Brubakken wrote:

>Why did you cancel service? Was there a problem with it or was it
>unrelated. I've been thinking of switching from DSL to cable, and would
>like to know what people thought of it

I have noticed more outages and higher latency since Cox took it over
from RoadRunner.

When Cox took over they raised our monthly rate by $5.  Now, (started
October 1st) they raised it by another $5 and did away with our $10
discount for having the limited tier cableTV package.  Now, you can only
get the discount if you have the extended tier or higher package.

When Cox took over the HSI they also raised our digital
packages....that's when I took my (2) boxes back to them and just got
limited cable and reactivated DirecTV.

Since, they did away with the $10 discount I canceled my limited cable
and bought an antenna.  And guess what?  Channels 3, 10, 12, 24, 33 & 36
are clearer with my antenna than they were with cable.

Let's recap:  Before Cox took over the HSI I was paying $29.99 a month.
 Now, approx. 7 months later I am paying $49.99.  That's a 66% increase
in a little more than half a year.  Man, I wish I could get that kind of
pay increase at my job.

So, why hasn't broadband taken off like wildfire......could it possibly
be the high PRICE.