Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: ACLUG

To: "Michael Moore" <mrmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ACLUG
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 23:44:58 -0600

> For example: somebody suggested a local list that could be subscribed to
> that was of interest to them.  That is if you lived in the Ukraine you
> probably wouldn't want to subscribe to the local list and get 100+
> emails a week that talked about local ACLUG suggestions, meetings,
> events, etc. that had nothing to do with Linux.  On the other hand
> someone in Hesston or Kansas City might be interested in them.

ok, now that sounds better than the impressions i (and probably others) was
getting about the "new" list...  the way it was described by some (maybe
misinformed, maybe just opinionated, i don't know) was that it would be more
of an exclusive list: ie: to join the list, you must attend atleast somewhat
regularly...  personally, i'd like to see the different things that go on
(the reason why i was subscribed to the dicussion list along w/ the
linux-help list) in meetings, etc...  mainly because someday, my schedule is
BOUND to lighten up, and depending on what i'm reading about mtgs at that
point in time, i may want to start attending again...

anyway, thanks to michael and bruce...  you've convinced me to give it
another go... or maybe i'm just in a good after watching almost 2.5 hrs of
Robot Wars! ; ^ )

gLaNDix