Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: ACLUG

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ACLUG
From: "James O. Harms" <joharms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:37:00 -0600

Dale W Hodge wrote:

> [...]

Don't get me wrong.  There's nothing wrong with a Pizza Party.  But I tend to
think of these as social events, not Linux problem-solving events.  I would
rather  alternate topic meetings and Brainstorm Sessions, bull-sessions -
whatever you want to call them.  A lot of important things can be talked about
in a bull-session.
How to fix things that are broken, location of files you need to edit and
can't find, opinions of the latest distro, new user questions and support.
These will sometimes be pretty esoteric, and sometimes pretty basic.  They can
be a real free-for-all and nobody gets hurt.

> > Maybe you are "a
> > fairly social group," and I'm just not social enough to
> > recognize that, but maybe I'm not the only one with that
> > problem.
>
> I think the longer the core group has stayed together the more social we've
> become. It's that way in any group.
>
> >I'm afraid that the "committee" has always felt
> > like a clique to me.
>
> Ouch!  I hope we're not!

I agree with Tom.  I have been part of ACLUG since it was formed (day 1), but
no one would consider me part of "The Group".

--joh