Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: ACLUG

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ACLUG
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:42:12 -0600

That sounds like our last meeting!  It surprised me with how many showed up for
a non-meeting, but maybe that shows the need for interactive meetings.  It's
certainly one of the easier things to arrange.

> > >I'm afraid that the "committee" has always felt
> > > like a clique to me.
> >
> > Ouch!  I hope we're not!
>
> I agree with Tom.  I have been part of ACLUG since it was formed (day 1), but
> no one would consider me part of "The Group".

While you may not be a committee member, I do think of you as part of "the
regulars" of Aclug. There's a half dozen or so people that, while I might not
remember thier name, I would recognize in a crowd as an Aclug member.   I think
all you are really seeing is the friendships that have been formed by those of
us who volunteer to be here even when we have other things we'd rather be doing,
and staying late after meetings to answer questions.  If you want to feel like
you "belong", then don't bug out just as soon as the meeting is over. Hang
around, there's usually a conversation or two that you can join in.  You get as
much out of the situation as you put into it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :-)

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx