Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: ACLUG

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ACLUG
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:55:41 -0600

> > I'd
> > like to see the mail lists default-reply to the senders
> > rather than to the list ("reply all" would still get you
> > back to the list).
>
> No, I don't see that at all.  The whole point of the lists is to promote
> sharing of ideas. People sometimes learn answers to questions they have yet
> to think of by just reading the lists.

I definately agree...  I don't always ask lots of questions (i'm kinda to a
point where i don't have anything specific I want to learn, and i'd rather
help out w/ someone else's questions or lurk on the list until i see
something that i think would be neat to learn)... so if the reply-to-sender
was in effect, i wouldn't see a lot of great posts or great answers to
questions that i might have, but never got around to asking...  also, i've
been in groups like that before and it's frustrating having to remember you
have to hit 'reply all' just to reply back to the list...  it's really
annoying...

> We've have limited contact with other UG's, but that's not out of the
> question.

someone previously mentioned some coop with a local FreeBSD group...  does
anyone have any information on it or does it still exist?

Thanks,
gLaNDix
(Jesse Kaufman)