Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Suggestions?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Suggestions?
From: Anne McCadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:07:39 -0600

I would like to take some classes also, but they are too expensive for
my budget.  I have taken one at Butler in Augusta and it was a good
class.  They didn't cover anything about Xwindows because the video
cards that they had wouldn't run X with any decent resolution.  I have
thought about having study groups to learn more about the file system,
permissions, how to install pgms, and the basic stuff.  Its not rocket
science, just computer science.

I don't know what the solution(s) would be for the ACLUG group.  I went
to the group meetings for a while before anyone would say anything to
me, maybe I looked out of place, too vicious from the long nails and
sharp fangs.  I don't know what the problem was, but I still kept coming
to learn more about linux.  Lately I haven't felt like I am learning
anything about linux and wondering what else is out there.  I look at
the web sites, I read linux books and magazines, and I have linux
computers to play with, but I still want to get past the newbie stage.
I am looking for ideas and suggestions for learning more.  Anne