Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Suggestions?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Suggestions?
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:42:55 -0600

Benjamin Bunck wrote:

><snip>
>
>>So far, I have been able to do the same things in Linux as I did in M$
>>except for a few:
>>1) I don't have a compatible scanner.
>>

><snip>
>
>What scanner do you have?

>visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

I have a Vsioneer 4400USB.  I didn't find any support at the sane
website.  I checked out lots of websites on the subject and there
doesn't seem to be any backends written for it.

I had purchased a Musek that had backends written for it.  I tried to
get it to work; but, didn't have much luck.  So, I decide just to return
the scanner.  I might just wait till I can find a scanner that's fully
supported and is fairly cheap...like $50.  There is a Epson scanner that
is fully supported that I can get locally; but, I didn't want to pay
$200 for it.