Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Small Summary of What was decided

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Small Summary of What was decided
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:19:09 -0600

Dale W Hodge wrote:

> [...]
At first: Dale, Iwas a little opposed to a separate mailing list.  But,
the more I thought about it the more I think it is definitely necessary.

The current case ACLUG is an exception becuase all members needed to
know that the ACLUG was in some danger of shutting down.

But, I truely believe we will iron things out and keep the ACLUG even if
it means we have to have a meeting every week for the next month or two
to get things back on track.

Now, to get back to the separate mailing list.  I think we need a
separate local mailing list that discusses local events, meetings,
topics, ACLUG business, etc.  Basically, everything that pertains to the
ACLUG locally.  And of course, anything the local committee see fit can
be added to the website or main discussion list.  Such as, topics
discussed at the meetings, committee business, ACLUG functions, etc.
 Furthermore, the requirements to being a local member will be ironed
out over the next few meetings.

My point is that there seemed be people confused about what is going on
locally and are afraid it will affect their membership to their
currently subscribed list.

After all, if someone is subscribed to this list and lives in Florida
they probably don't want to hear about our local internal problems
within the ACLUG.

We shouldn't confuse the normal and maybe global discussion list with
our local issues.

By the way, were you working on the website this evening?  I wasn't able
to access it.

I assume you will fill us in on what you John discussed about the
website....At the meeting on Monday.