Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:45:44 -0600

Matt,

  You're right, that it's a bit unfair to drop such a 'bombshell' on the
list members like that.  And the truth of the matter is, how things will be
doen is still undetermined.  I'll try to fill you (and the other list
members) in a bit on what happened at last night's meeting.  Nobody took
official minutes, so this will be from memory.  Anyone who was present, feel
free to add to my notes below.

1. We started by going through the results of the online survey that was
recently conducted.  We made a list of all the suggested topics people
wanted to hear about.  (Someon think you can post that list here?)

2. We voted to begin having one meeting per month on the 2nd Monday of each
month at 7:00pm.  Location is not yet to be determined (this coming Monday
happens to fall on that scheduled time, so we'll have a meeting in room 261
of Jabara Hall if it's available.  If it's not, I believe an alternate room
is available, stay tuned for additional details.)

3. We began a discussion of what "membership" should entail for the purpose
of decision making.  It was felt that some form of formal membership should
be determined for the purpose of voting, and the discussion seemed to center
on the concept that people who attend meetings (perhaps X meetings per year)
or actively participate in other ACLUG activities should be considered
members for the purpose of voting.  The details were discussed only a bit,
but no decisions were made.

4. After the meeting was ajourned for the second time, we had a rather
lengthy dicussion of what sort of material we should cover... i.e.
'beginner/newbie' vs.s 'advanced topics.'  No decions were really made, but
a lot of opinions were expressed. :)

I think those were the highlights.  Did I miss anything?

--
"Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and reaction
and the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react.