Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 22:42:57 -0600

No, the mailing lists don't require you to do anything. The discussion and help
lists will remain just as they are now.  They are open to everyone except
spammers. :-)

> but there was an agreement to start a new mailing list and all the
> > members have to sign up in person at a meeting...
>
> This "new" list idea is inherently exclusionary and seems un-necessary.

The whole point of the new list is to discuss what occurs at the meetings and
local events. i.e. Meeting format, meeting topics, etc.  If you don't intend to
come to a meeting, do you really need to know what decisions are being made
about having meetings?

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx