Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:27:44 -0600

You have a good point... it is not a list that helps only people who attend
the meetings.  However, as discussed a bit at last night's meeting, the
administration of the meetings will likely become something that is decided
by those who attend the meetings.  This does not mean we will exclude anyone
else from participation.  But it may mean that people who attend the
meetings will most likely have more of a deciding vote.

It is premature to say "You haven't come to a meeting, so your vote doesn't
count" though.  Everyone's input is welcomed and encouraged at this point...
even input from people who abandoned us and moved to Indianapolis.... :P

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 12:02:11PM -0600, Matt Pankratz wrote:

> I'd like to make a quick point here.
>
> Unless I'm absolutely unaware of some hidden bylaw, ANYBODY can make
> suggestions regardless of their meeting attendance.
>
> It's a Users Group folks.  Not a Meeting Attending Members Only Group.
>
> As has been proved by the messages over the past days, we've got people from
> all over who "Use" the group via the lists because they find value in that
> form
> of communication.
>
> Most of the bickering, save some minor discussions of list functionality, has
> centered on the Meetings.
>
> I like Koji's suggestions and I think they are a great starting point for
> ACLUG
> to reach a broader audience at that audience's discretion.
>
> > I have never seen you at any of the ACLUG meetings.  You should attend if
> > you are going to suggest changes.  At the current time the rebuilding of
> > the web site is undergoing changes as we speak.  If you want changes come
> > to our next meeting next Monday at 7:00pm.

Customer: "I have a scummy card in my system."