Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: [announce] Next meeting.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [announce] Next meeting.
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:19:09 -0600

This is starting to get confusing. I think the initial presumption was
that there would be a meeting Tuesday evening, but then:

 1) we hear that you'll announce the next meeting Tuesday morning

 2) Anne comments that announcing a meeting on the day of the meeting
    isn't enough lead time (the assumption here being that Tuesday
    morning's announcement would be a Tuesday evening meeting)

 3) someone else comments that the announcement should have come
    out earlier (Saturday or Sunday; again note the assumption of
    a Tuesday evening meeting)

 4) Clint responds that he's got better things to do than run a
    meeting on Saturday/Sunday (afaik, no one's asked for that)

I don't know what's going on here, but there seems to be some sort of
existential crisis among the ACLUG powers-that-be. Anyone care to
explain?

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/