Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: DSL vs Cable

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DSL vs Cable
From: "John Alexander" <johnalexander@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:45:29 -0600

Do you like thin crust, or thick? Is it tomaetah, or tomahtoe? Catch a trend
here? The ONLY hitch that I have seen that would sway your decision either
way is that some providers of DSL use pppoe (point-to-point protocol over
ethernet), which can kinda gum up the works unless you get the correct code
(and I have to apologize, I don't remember where the stuff is, but I'm sure
that somebody on this list is/has using/used it, and got it to work, I
haven't, cause I already had cable, and DSL wasn't offered in my area until
fairly recently, and I have a TREMENDOUS thirst for in-bound bandwidth. Why
have a 'net connection AND tie up power receptacles with things like radios
and televisions and DVD players and CD players? Whoops, should started this
with a <rant> tag instead of a (, oh, well.) To throw another monkey in the
works, I will be meeting with representatives from Sprint this afternoon to
talk to them about reselling their wireless broadband internet service, and
all the gee-whiz stuff that goes along with it.

ja