Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux
From: Ryan Claycamp <claycamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:07:09 -0500

At 12:23 AM 5/25/00 -0500, you wrote:
> > Can text-mode bring up a web page? Probably the best thing would be to forget > > the internet for this machine. My real intention is to use this machine as a > > server for my more powerful linux box and my windows box. As a server, GUI would
> > not be needed anyway.
>
> Yes, it can.  Try the program "links", which is a nice web browser for
> text mode.

Hmm... I thought it was spelled "lynx" :-)
I thought it was too and every so often I would see a list of web browsers that included lynx and links. Out of curiosity I just checked on freshmeat and found this link - < http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/11/25/943536422.html >. Don't know how it works, but there is a text web browser called "links".

Ryan