Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 01:57:05 -0500

> Can you grab the title bar and move it left or right enough to
> find one of the top corners, and use them to shrink it
> vertically? Later, Rinse, and Repeat until it all fits on the
> screen.

I can pull it down and move it around, but in Netscape - preferences, top left
has something about security and top right has only an X.  I will have to become
more familiar with XF86Config to solve this.  There are 49 modelines listed and
the one I believe fits my monitor is the second - 640x480 @ 60 hz.  The first
listed is 640x400 @ 70 hz.   Maybe the first one listed is the one used
(XF86Config just says the correct one is "automatically" selected).  I'll
reconfigure tomorrow.

> Did you startx as a user, and try to run netcfg as root? Root
> doesn't have permission to display to [user]'s screen.

That probably explains that.  I probably threw in an "su" on the user's screen.

Thanks, bruce