Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:10:35 -0500

Thanks Lowell,
In Netscape Preferences, the bottom of the page is off-screen.  I can
move the screen and I can shrink it (it's now about 2 inches tall on the
Linux machine) but only the top of the window is there.  No cursor-bar
on the right  and no way to move down.  So the window can be resized,
but no way to get to the bottom.  I managed to set mail preferences
(server names, user, etc) and then get the highlight to a button and
assume the OK button below was on.  It must have been because a new-line
got the info entered.  No way to run a railroad.

cntl-alt-+ doesn't do anything, so, yes, I'll have to go back to
x-config again for the umpteenth time.

What I'm really trying to do is set up a server.  Now netcfg won't
work.  Connection to ":0.0" refused by server.  invalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key.  Oh, well.    bruce