Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Finally! mail with linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Finally! mail with linux
From: bruce bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:30:23 +0000

After weeks of frustration I am able to send and receive mail with
Linux..

This must be version 1 of Netscape.  The bottom of the page is off the
screen and there seems to be no way to get it on the screen.  The arrow
keys  don't work, so I have to use the mouse to back up one word, then
use the mouse again to move forward..  Delete key doesn't work so I have
to move past the error and backspace over it.

Incredibly slow with 75 pentium and 16MB of memory.  Lots of disk
thrashing.

Probably wouldn't be in Xwindows at all, but netcfg doesn't work in
terminal mode.

I guess X isn't made for 640x480.

I guess this is progress ---  bruce