Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Need help on DSL conection under Linux

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Need help on DSL conection under Linux
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:32:07 -0500

It's lousy closed source software, which I was never able to make it work.  I'm
told it is a resource hog and will eat up 20% cpu time on 200MHZ Pentium. I'm
running the Roaring Penguin software. It uses less than 2% cpu time on a 200MHZ
Pentium.  You can find the software at www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe.html

> You might want to post this to the swbell.dsl newsgroup. (I seem to keep
> redirecting you, sorry but I'm not able to help)

Also check the comp.dcom.xdsl newsgroup. There's lots of pointers.  One place to
visit is www.carricksolutions.com/linuxpppoe.htm

I may be able to offer additonal assistance once I get my own network up and
running.  We're trying to route a subnet over PPPoE. In theory this should work,
but time will tell if it really does.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx