Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Hardware question.......

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Hardware question.......
From: Brian Chapman <tchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:42:18 -0600

The fan in my power supply is starting to have the same problem, of course
I've had it for about 4 years now ;-) . Anyway, I'm planning on just
replacing the fan. I've done it many times while working as a tech at a
local computer outlet, but mainly I'm just a poor student with no budget.

I remember hearing on slashdot, that there is some place on the net that
sells ultra-quiet fans (supposedly you can't hear them at all), but I
don't remember it's URL.

To answer your question though, in the long run that is, you'd probably be
better off with whole new supply. Of course, that depends on how clean
your power is and how often you power cycle the supply. I just had a power
supply burn out on me in another computer that never had any problems with
a noise.

I wouldn't bother with the case unless you really don't care for it.

.bjc