Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Hardware question.......

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Hardware question.......
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:14:25 -0600

Topic: Power Supply Fan.

I have a cheap ATX case with a version 2.01 230watt power supply,  the fan
has picked up a wobble/buzz.

Now would I be better off...... (in the long run)

(a) opening the sealed power supply case and just replacing the fan... ($20)

(b) replacing the whole power supply.. ($30)

(c) replace the whole case / power supply ($40)

I have done all three in the past... but I would like some sort of feed back
from others on their personal thoughts on this.

--David