Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: ADSL, SWBell & Linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ADSL, SWBell & Linux
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:05:15 -0600

Not really... you can just add a second 'NIC' (which is what SWB will sell
you even if you already own one due to support issues) to one of your
systems and connect the DSL modem to this new card and leave the rest of
your network as is... you would just set your software to connect to the
'WEB' via this second 'NIC'.....

So let me see if I can rephrase this in a better way.. you are going to set
up your 'LAN' to connect to a 'WAN' via the system that has two 'NIC's.

Your hardest part will be I/O's & IRQ's on the system with two NIC's.

This system can be running IP Masking or other Firewall software that you
choose.