Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: ADSL, SWBell & Linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ADSL, SWBell & Linux
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:34:41 -0600

There are reasons other than IP space to go with PPPOE. The primary
one is security. There are some fairly interesting security issues
that come up with the bridged service. However, PPPOE is somewhat more
complex to implement from the ISP side. Do you know what kind of
equipment your provider is using to provision the service?