Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:20:51 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> The ADSL *lines* are available in Wichita.

Great!  Now if SouthWind will get their end working...

> The only ISP in Wichita currently offering ADSL service is SWB.

How bad is this?  Anybody know how well they're connected in Wichita
and how reliable their connection is?  I'm not interested in *any*
services except connectivity (if SW will keep my secondary DNS until I can
move back to them).

I'd be willing to switch to them temporarily ($75 charge for breaking the
1-year contract with SWB) until SW offers DSL service if they aren't
absolutely terrible.  I'm paying $180 a month for 33.6k of bandwidth...
I'd move to ADSL even if it weren't an increase in bandwidth just to save
$100 a month.  Even after hookup charges, it'd only take me three months
to realize a savings.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
You can tell the nature of a man by the words he chooses.