Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] Re: evolution

To: <webdev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webdev] Re: evolution
From: "John Alexander" <wicjra0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:19:39 -0600

Generating the key, certificate, and signing the certificate amount to one
command line entry and answering a bunch of question from the script. It's
perfectly acceptable to sign your own certificates, and yes, that's wat
companies like Thawte and Verisign charge at least $149 to do for you. They
don't even sell you a key, you typically have to provide that yourself, they
just sign the key, and then send you the certificate file.

I agree with your assertion that maybe the mod-aolserver would be the way to
go, as apache gets installed on ANY RedHat scripted installation. Don't know
about Devian.

ja