Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] Re: evolution

To: <webdev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webdev] Re: evolution
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:37:54 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: webdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:webdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
> Of John Alexander
>
> Debian == Deviant? Maybe??

Different, I'll agree to.  Deviant? Nah!

> I don't think that aolserver does virtual, but it's been a LONG time since
> I've looked the docs over. At least, it wasn't able to do
> name-based virtual
> hosting, but you could put multiple servers on the same machine,
> if you had
> aliasable (wordcheck) ip addresses available.
>
> ja (tongue firmly in cheek)

Lack of name based virtual would discourage me from running it on my
production machines. I was considering doing one of my domains with openacs.
I guess I'll try running it with mod-aolsever rather than aolserver.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vice Chairman & Secretary - info@xxxxxxxxx