Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Alejandro Jakubi <jakubi@xxxxxxxxx>, Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:34:54 -0500

On Saturday 17 May 2008 10:12:02 am Alejandro Jakubi wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008, Vincent Beffara wrote:

> No, my question is about where is the documentation for this version
> 4.0.16. It is much simpler and efficient to know its features by reading
> the documentation than discover them by blind experimentation.

Each release includes its documentation.  Why don't you download it and open
it up?

[ snip ]

> offlineimap (3.99.18) unstable; urgency=low
>
>    * Made a fix for Python2.3 compatibility.
>    * Removed warning when thread debug is specified.  Closes: #195739.
>    * New option -l to log debug info to a file without having it spew
>      on-screen.
>    * New debug type "thread".
>
> ===
>
> apparently implying that the option '-l' is available for versions
> >=3.99.18, ie available for this version 4.0.16. A confirmation would be
> welcomed.

As others have said, TRY IT.  If it works, send a bug report asking to add it
to the manpage.  If it doesn't work, you'll get an error.  Why are you so
insistent on others telling you every last detail of the program in advance,
when you could learn it trivially by trying it yourself?

Incidentally, if you have shell access on that Fedora cluster, there's
nothing stopping you from running the latest versions out of your home
directory.