Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: "Christian G. Warden" <cwarden@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: Alejandro Jakubi <jakubi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 22:33:21 -0300

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Christian G. Warden wrote:

> One could do something simple like:
> #!/bin/sh
> gpg ~/.offlineimaprc.gpg
> offlineimap &
> sleep 2
> wipe -f ~/.offlineimaprc

I tooked me some days to get acquainted with the content and implications of
this
suggestion. I have worked out the gpg part. As I got it, it would issue a
prompt for the passphrase:

===
$ gpg .offlineimaprc.gpg

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
Enter passphrase:
===

Presumably, this would be OK.

But there is no 'wipe' available in this cluster (at least for the ordinary
users). And I am not very familiar with cluster architectures (I have not been
informed on the details of this cluster either), but I doubt that such a thing
could work here as files are shared/interchanged among the servers of the
cluster.

So, I am not sure whether this route is viable.

I would very much prefer to enter both passwords on the command line as
described in my previous posts. I still hope to receive an explanation for the
failure to get oflineimap ask me these passwords as described by the logs
posted on 18th May.

Regards, Alejandro Jakubi