Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: Alejandro Jakubi <jakubi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:17:01 -0300

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Vincent Beffara wrote:

> I would tend to make a suggestion : just give it a try and see if it=20
> works for you ! In case you are afraid to lose mail in the process,=20
> there is always the possibility to use a test account ...

Of course, as said in a previous message, I will first backup all my folders
in the main folder collection to a "local" collection within the departmental
cluster. I cannot have a test account on this cluster.

I want to understand which are the options for configuration and mode of
operation of offlineimap and try to choose the most suitable ones for my
setting.

A particular problem seems to be that the version of offlineimap installed in
this cluster might behave differently to what is documented in the manual.
Indeed, the available command line options are different. And, as said in my
first message to this list, I do not see which is the command line option to
get its version.

Regards, Alejandro Jakubi