Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:44:18 -0400

Hello,

> Apparently, there is a problem here. On the one hand, I need offlineima=
p to be
> running in background in the departmental cluster. On the other hand, t=
his
> noninteractive interface requires to write both account passwords in th=
> configuration file, which is insecure in this case.

Well if you have full shell access to the machine, you could use screen,=20
run offlineimap within it (and type your password then) and then detach=20
the screen session. Offlineimap will not think that it is in the=20
background, and you can keep an eye on it by reconnecting to the screen=20
session if needed ...

  /v

--=20
Vincent Beffara