Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: backup and synchronize to fastmail
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:09:46 -0400

>> Just to repeat myself : run it on a test system and see what happens,=3D=
20
>> nothing beats that ...=3D20
>
> I do not have a test system with FC6, offlineimap 4.0.16, an imap serve=
r and so on.

... then run it on your FC6 cluster which does have the version you will=20
be using, and point it to e.g. gmail or something with an imap server=20
and no important data on it. Admittedly the configuration will not be=20
_exactly_ the same as in the end (the imap server will be different),=20
but as far as background / logging / whatever is concerned you will know=20
for sure.

Actually I don't think many on this list would be using version 4=20
anymore, so you will get your info more quickly by trying it yourself.

  /v

--=20
Vincent Beffara
UMPA - ENS Lyon