Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Re: Thoughts on the future direction of OfflineIMAP

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the future direction of OfflineIMAP
From: Sam Clegg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:53:21 +0100

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:47:42PM +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> >   What would be the best thing to do to get you personally involved with
> >   writing code for OfflineIMAP?
>
> Without a doubt: keeping it in Python! And, which probably goes without
> saying, making it modular, since it would be the imaplib part of it
> that we would develop with.
I agree.  I've yet to find a java application for linux that I
find fast and useful.  Offlineimap is all about these two
things.  I for one find it to work perfectly for my needs.  I
have also never found a JVM package (in debian) that is a hassle
free as python or perl.

Perhaps your not attracting developers because they are all
so happy with the software already!  Its often the annoying
bugs that draw developers to a project :)

--
sam clegg
:: sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :: http://superduper.net/ :: PGP : D91EE369