Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Re: Thoughts on the future direction of OfflineIMAP

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the future direction of OfflineIMAP
From: Rob Holland <rob@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:02:10 +0100

Hi,

Just to throw my 2 cents in..

I found a bug which I assume is in offlineimap (although it may be due to
imaplib.py) which has prevented me using offlineimap. I posted to this
list, and no-one replied (everyone get ya violins out... ;).

If the code were in Perl I would dive in and have a go at debugging it. As
its in Python I can't (even read it properly).

So, its not possible (well, feasible I suppose, as I _could_ go and learn
python if I really wanted to try and fix this) for me to send bugfix
patches in.

For me it would be much better if the code were in Perl.

Soo...time to try isync I suppose. Which is a shame, as everyone suggested
I try offlineimap as its quicker and more flexible.

p.s. the above isn't a "threat" as melodramtic people like to call it, I'm
just presenting my view :)

Regards,

Rob

--