Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: local: February 2002:
Re: Suggestions: Next Meeting

To: local@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Suggestions: Next Meeting
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:25:32 -0600

James,
Your arguments don't make a lot of sense to me.  When I go to Best Buy and
buy a box labeled "Linux," I get the kernel and lots of applications.  If I
buy a book on linux, I get information on what I call Linux - an operating
system and applications.  There has to be 100 books on Linux. but I've never
seen one on just the kernel.

I think we (Aclug) want to concentrate on the topics we have been working on
and those we listed on the board Wednesday.

We need to keep our best linux gurus interested in the organization and
attract new people - both newbies and experts.  Most of the Linux gurus I
have met are more than happy to help the newbies and intermediates and many
are almost desciples for linux - eager to spread the word to the Microsoft
world.

By the way, I don't like this off-line list.

bruce