Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2003:
[linux-help] Re: cablemodem question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: cablemodem question
From: jlweaver <jlweaver@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:52:12 -0600

I have a Best Data CMX110 which I use heavily and has never hicupped.
 The problem is with Cox who has been having a lot of problems.  They
now admit the problems exist but are cagely declining to state exactly
what the problems are.  Kinda reminds me of the Keystone cops franticaly
running around but accomplishly nothing.  They will try to tell your
cable modem is bad or make you reset it numerous times.  You reset it by
uplugging the power to it for about 15 seconds and then reapply power.
 Don't be too hasty in disposing of your Best Data Cable modem for it
may still be good..  You may or may not be aware of the fact that you
cannot simply plug in a new modem and go merrily on your way.  You have
to call Cox and give them the model and serial of your new modem.  I
don't know the reason for this as you can use a switch on your modem and
hook up as many computers to the same modem as you like.....Larry