Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2003:
[linux-help] Re: True type fonts on RH8.0

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: True type fonts on RH8.0
From: Lars von dem Ast <prenzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:54:53 -0600

Lars von dem Ast wrote:

>How would I install a bunch of true type fonts on Red Hat 8.0? It seems
>like they had a nice tool that did that, but they've taken it out.

Solved my own prob. I had some "bad" fonts that this process didn't like:

-create /usr/share/fonts/"true-type font dir" as root
-move ttf's there
-go to the new directory and run mkfontdir
-run ttmkfdir -o fonts.dir
-run /usr/sbin/chkfontpath -add /usr/share/fonts/"true-type font dir"
-run /etc/init.d/xfs restart

 Mozilla doesn't seem to like the xfs restart, so log out first. Hope
this helps somebody....

Lb
----
Cheney: Whom do you serve?