Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Bad Memory Was: Bad Swap caused my newvideo card?

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Bad Memory Was: Bad Swap caused my newvideo card?
From: "David E Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:39:32 -0600

I have a HP box and it works great with an NVIDIA PCI video
card... [picked up a pair of GForce-II MX-400 w/64meg for less
than $50 each with shipping six months ago]

I personally think that it is a driver issue..

There use to be a release of Linux which had the needed custom
Voodoo video drivers as part of their distro.

HP normally uses a ASUS motherboard.

So you could go to the ASUS site and see "IF" there is a known
issue with the Voodoo video card and the chip set used on the
motherboard.

--David