Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2002:
[linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server
From: "Matt Pankratz" <mattp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:14:52 -0600 (CST)

Jonathan Hall said:
> Personally, I see nothing wrong with being a member of a boorish,
> elitist, and exclusionary geek group.
>
> What I do _not_ want to be a member of is a group that is hostile to
> outsiders and makes it intentionally difficult for others to become part
> of the group.

I guess I'm completely missing your point.  First you write that you DON'T
have a problem with being exclusionary or elitist.  And immediately
following is a paragraph structured with an absolute antithetical meaning.

To restate (and attempt to be as clear as possible):

Yes, people should do their own work.

Yes, people should RTFM.

Yes, it is more helpful to reply with links to package docs and/or
starting points than to reply with RTFM.

Yes, we (as a group) should be courteous.

Since I can't conceive of language that would state my opinion in a
clearer manner, I'll let this be my final statement on the manner.

--
Matt Pankratz
http://www.mattyp.net