Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2002:
[linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server
From: Xjuzr@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:02:34 EST

In a message dated 11/25/02 11:19:55 PM Central Standard Time,
flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> As for security concerns... Email viruses are the main concern I'm aware of
> for people like my mom.  And that can usually be handled by a good
> up-to-date virus scan software of choice, and possibly even installing an AV
> mail filter on a Linux box.  Most other security issues shouldn't effect
> most minimal users.  By the time someone starts doing other high-risk
> activities, there are other reasons for me to have them use Windows and not
> Linux.  But my mom doesn't fall into that category, and this is why I didn't
> mention them in my list :)

Well, Folks, I can't even get my Mom to get on the Internet. She says she's
"afraid she'd be typing to someone who is nekkid."

My opinion is, both operating systems are tools. In my toolbox I have
different sized screwdrivers, each are used for different purposes. I use
both OS's and haven't mastered either. I try to use the most efficient one
for the task at hand.
Guess I'm ambidextrous. This is quite the debate you all have going.
Regards,
 Mike B