Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2002:
[linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: FreeRadius server
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:45:44 -0600

I agree.  Many of the linux users may not know beans about command line,
but they would know what icon to click on to get on the internet, the
spreadsheets, and others programs.  We know how to setup our own boxes
and networks, but other people don't.  That creates job oportunities for
those of who like working with linux to setup web servers, workstations,
networks, and such for the people who are tired of the costly crap they
get from M$.  Offices with M$ are spending a lot of time & money to
cleanup the viruses they are getting.  It isn't easy to get a virus on
linux from what I have heard.

In conclusion, many people I have talked with said that they won't go to
linux, because they wouldn't have any support for the software.  Linux
people would be able to create a market for themselves.  Others have
said that there aren't any programs, then we need to find out what
programs that they are not finding on linux.  Quickbooks comes to mind
right now.  ~Anne