Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Re: RedHat 8.0

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: RedHat 8.0
From: Clifton Brown <cjemks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:39:01 -0700 (PDT)

I like it quite a bit. The GUI is considerably
different from anything in the past. Red Hat terms it
"Bluecurve" and says that it's supposed to merge the
best features of KDE and GNOME. I've read quite a few
complaints about it, and if you're a dyed-in-the-wool
GNOME or KDE user, you'll probably hate it too.
Personally, I like it a lot. I think it gives linux a
more polished look, and brings linux closer to
realistically competing with M$ for the user desktop.

If you install everything it will come out to about
4.5 GB.

I also think that RH 8.0 has been the best distro yet
for GUI administration. For someone like me who hasn't
yet learned everything there is to know about working
from the command line, a good GUI admin interface can
be a real nice thing.

BTW, OpenOffice is really nice too.

Cliff