Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Re: RedHat 8.0

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: RedHat 8.0
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:34:17 -0500

Update:  I restarted Xwindows and it make some complaint about the host
name and now it is working.  The icons look like they are for grade
school kids, kind of goofy looking.  Maybe I am so use to the way that
7.3 looks and I don't want to change.  I don't think that I will upgrade
all of the linux computers to 8.0, just the one and maybe one other just
for a little variety.  The dual boot computers I think I will use the
7.3.  Atronex had the start of their open house today and it has been a
very long day.  I listened to part of the presentation on the new AMD
processors.  Sounds like they have some great new products, I hope the
newer CPU's will be cooler running and more fire resistant.  Linux runs
very nicely on the AMD's and are a good value for the money.  ~Anne