Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Boot problem kernels 2.4x (latest)

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Boot problem kernels 2.4x (latest)
From: Donald King <donald_king@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:16:47 -0500

I'm new to the list, so I'm replying to a quoted message...

After configuring the kernel, did you compile it with a command like "make
dep clean bzImage modules"?  bzImage means BIG zImage, which is required if
the *uncompressed* kernel size in memory will be larger than a certain limit.
The penalty it imposes on a kernel that doesn't need it is minimal, so it's
highly recommended that you simply compile all your kernels as bzImage.

--
Donald King, a.k.a. Chronos Tachyon -- WWED?
Guardian of Eristic Paraphernalia