Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Hard Drive Upgrade

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Hard Drive Upgrade
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:53:31 -0500

On one of my Linux boxes I have a 40G drive that the bios doesn't even see. Once
Linux boots off the smaller drive it recognizes the that the larger drive is
installed and works perfectly. Some large drives can work as boot drives even if
the bios doesn't recognize it, but others don't.  Your best bet is to read the
large disc howto at http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx